Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Just A Little Update...

Ryker had his 4 month well child check yesterday, he finally outgrew the 10lb stage and is now 11lbs 15oz and 24.5inches long. When I'm lugging him around in his carseat, however, I feel he is heavy enough to be walking on his own. I am also happy to announce Ryker passed his hearing screen. When he was in the NICU, he failed his newborn screen and they told us it was because of his cleft. The doctors told us that once the tubes were placed, he'd be fine but I was still worried about him, I was very happy when they tested him yesterday and said his hearing is just fine!


He has been doing so well since his surgery. It seemed that first week home was the hardest. He didn't want to eat and wasn't sleeping well. It took a week for him to snap out of it and really start eating even better than he was before and finally after a week and a half of him not sleeping at night we realized it was because his nose tubes were plugged. We've started pulling them out and cleaning them each night before bed (this is the worst job ever.. I did not sign up for this when I said I'd be mom to Ryker, he hates me for like two hours after) and this helps him sleep better through the night.


Ryker is getting to be so much fun. This is a picture of him with his first tomato. Yesterday, my mom came over and was holding him in the kitchen and he just stared at the tomato. When she handed it to him, he pulled it to his mouth and licked it for about 5 minutes. Lately, everything goes to his mouth. I can't believe how big he is getting so quickly.

11 comments:

Amanda said...

Thanks for the update! What a cute little man you have there. Glad things are going well.

Stacy said...

He is looking so good! I glad things are going back to normal for him, poor little guy! He is so cute, I love getting to see him at shelley's when i bring mylee to preschool!

Chrystie said...

Soooo cute. Daxton is the same with the putting things in his mouth...everything he can get his hands on goes in there. Dax had his 4-month appointment yesterday too...he is 17 lbs 7 oz! I can barely lift him up in his carseat!!! We need to get the little guys together to play now that Ryker is feeling better.

Ty and Ber said...

I am glad things are going better now. What a not so fun job cleaning his nose plugs would be- glad that it does help him though.

Shanna said...

Ryker is so darn cute! I am glad that he is doing better. I'm sorry to hear he had a rough first week. It only gets better from here!

Jeff and Erin said...

Those eyes kill me! He is so cute and getting so big so fast. I love that picture of him with the tomato.

Bart, Paige and Grace said...

Its great to hear that everything is going well... except for the nightly nose tube cleaning! Thats got to be rough... but he looks great and healthy!!!

Fowler family said...

Hi,

I came across your blog via Amanda Van Orden's. Your little Ryker is such a cutie. He looks amazing.

I have 2 boys born with clefts. These little kids are such blessings and have opened my heart in so many ways.

Just wanted to say hi and congrats on getting his surgery under your belt. Sincerely, Anna Fowler

Sheena said...

It was so good to see you again. I can't believe how big he is.. it makes me sad because that will be my baby just around the corner :(

Jeff and Erin said...

Hey Jaym, just wanted you to know what great parents you have. I was so excited that they called me while they were here! Your mom showed me the cutest picture of ryker and your dad in the Jeep, I loved it! Hope all is going well!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting me with Ryker. He's so cute & happy. I can't wait to spend more time with him. The photos & stories on your web site are wonderful - thanks for sharing. Congrats to Scott for his successful hunt!
On a professional level, I'm so proud of you - my protege - for taking on your challenging new career. You've been so great to work with over the years. Your personal and professional skills will benefit Hemocue and I think their team atmosphere will acknowledge your hard work and reward your accomplishments. You deserve only the best for your dedicated hard work. GOOD LUCK!!!

About Us

Scott and I met at Bear Lake on the 4th of July in 2003. We married the following June. We live in Harrisville and love it there! Scott works as an electrician with his friend's company, Brandon Nelson Electric. I work managing the lab at the Intermountain North Ogden Clinic. I'm currently finishing up my associates degree in Computer Science at WSU.