Friday, September 19, 2008

Fair Weather

Last weekend Scott was out of commission with the stomach flu so I decided to load up Caz and Ryker and head to the State Fair with my mom and dad. It was a great day to go.. and so thought everyone else in the state, it was packed. I love being able to look at all the smelly animals.. it really is fun. I enjoy looking at the crafty things that people have made. I love all the choices of things to eat, deep fried PB&J, churros, navajo tacos, hamburgers, ice cream, fudge, licorice ropes, gyros.. anything your heart desires and more! I hate the clusters of people, I hate trying to cram the entire city of Salt Lake into a little building where a man is trying to sell pots and pans and another is showing those wonderful little knives that will slice a garden hose. I must admit, however, I was sucked in.. I spent about 15 minutes watching the guy selling the steam mop. I have laminate floors in my kitchen and they NEVER shine like they should. The guy in the booth assured me his mop would do the trick. Not only would it make my kitchen floors shine, it would get gunk out of grout, the hard water off the shower wall and.. because this happens every day at my house, it will get pancake syrup out of the carpet!! Well, that was all I needed to hear! I was so excited to get it home and try it out, I've already used it twice on the kitchen floor and am very happy with how easy it is to use.. and my floors do shine!! We promised Cazley that after we had seen everything possible from the 3000 lb cow to the butter statue she could ride some rides. I was very happy that I was successful in talking her out of the farris wheel, instead she jumped on the big tramp thing and then rode the ponies. I think the ponies were her favorite part, she is sure a cowgirl at heart!! Ryker even had a good time, I think he liked his first fair. We had so much fun.. can't wait for next year!!


6 comments:

Amanda said...

Looks like fun. We almost made it to the fair this year, but we talked ourselves out of it. Glad you had fun though. Hope Scott is feeling better.

Kati said...

Sounds like a lot of fun at the fair. I think that they can fry just about anything these days...last year I tried the deep fried coke...not my favorite!

Anonymous said...

Hope Scott is doing better. You said Ryker went to the fair, but there aren't any pictures of him. Are you sure you took him ?

Shanna said...

The fair looks like a lot of fun. I want to take my kids there sometime. Maybe next year. Glad that you and your kids had a great time!

Stacy said...

What a fun day! Kaz looked like she really enjoyed it! I hope scott is feeling better. I thought about taking Mylee but then i completely forgot about it. I am glad you had fun.

Jess said...

I stuck my head through that very same bushel. Isn't the fair great?

(P.S. My email is jessifer19@hotmail.com. Email if you find some extra time!)

About Us

Scott and I met at Bear Lake on the 4th of July in 2003. We married the following June. We live in Harrisville and love it there! Scott works as an electrician with his friend's company, Brandon Nelson Electric. I work managing the lab at the Intermountain North Ogden Clinic. I'm currently finishing up my associates degree in Computer Science at WSU.