Sunday, September 7, 2008

I have a few minutes before it's time for church, it's nice a quiet around here because Scott is gone to bishopric meetings this morning and Ryker is down for a nap. Today is a special fast Sunday for us because this week is Ryker's surgery. I'm excited to head to fast and testimony meetings with special prayer in my heart that all goes well with him and he will recover quickly. I thought it would be a nice time to quickly share the testimony I have of the gospel. I'm not one to stand in sacrament very often and share it but I would like everyone around me to know that I love the gospel, I love the knowledge that I have a Heavenly Father who loves me and knows me and my needs. I'm comforted in the fact that He knows the true intent of my heart. I'm grateful for prayer and the peace that comes from the Spirit, in a world so chaotic and crazy it is the peace I find through prayer that keeps me sane. I'm grateful for the work of Joseph Smith and all he gave to restore the Church so that we could have it in our lives, I don't know how we would make it through this life without the knowledge we have. I'm grateful for the priesthood and the power that comes along with it and the fact that through Scott, Ryker can be directly blessed by our Heavenly Father. I'm grateful for President Monson and the example he is to us. I'm grateful that he continues to receive direct revelation for us today and that he leads this church with such exactness. I'm grateful too, for all of my friends and family that offer so much love and support and i'm thankful for all the prayers that have been offered in our behalf. Thanks to everyone who loves us so much.

8 comments:

Chrystie said...

Good luck this week! We will be praying for you guys! Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Jeff and Erin said...

Jaym, that was so nice! We will be thinking of Ryker all week and we hope that all goes well! I wish we were closer, but we will be thinking of you guys from a distance. We love you guys so much and we are so grateful for your friendship! Love ya!

Shanna said...

I hope that all goes well. He will be in good hands. I remember Raydns surgery I was nervous but our prayers are what got us through it. Hold fast to your faith. Heavenly Father will comfort you. Let me know if I can do anything. We will be thinking of you and praying for you and your sweet baby.

Ty and Ber said...

We will keep Ryker and the rest of our family in our prayers. Hope all goes well!!!

Shauna said...

We will also be praying for your family. Keep us posted on how it goes and how little Ryker is doing.
Jordan, Shauna, Jace & Ellie

Missy said...

Your family will be in our prayers good luck with everything. Glad that Ryker is such a good sleeper maybe he could teach Brax how to sleep like that. Ryker is getting so big they are so much fun.

Darren and Jody said...

Hi Jayme,

Good Luck tomorrow we'll pray for Ryker. We went to the slc temple and put his name on the prayer roll. I love your testimony!

Love you Jody
see you tomorrow

Troy said...

Thanks for your testimony....

Good luck.... I know you are in surgery....

We have been praying for Ryker....

About Us

Scott and I met at Bear Lake on the 4th of July in 2003. We married the following June. We live in Harrisville and love it there! Scott works as an electrician with his friend's company, Brandon Nelson Electric. I work managing the lab at the Intermountain North Ogden Clinic. I'm currently finishing up my associates degree in Computer Science at WSU.