Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Ryker's First Birthday!!

Yesterday was Ryker's first birthday!! I can't believe it's been a year. Time sure flies. It seems that all of a sudden he's eating big people food, wanting to do more things himself, trying hard to walk on his own, he's learning more about his emotions and how to express himself (lately that entails a ton of screaming with clenched fists) but he's also taking just a second or two more to snuggle, i've waited a year for this. He's such a big boy. I never imagined I could love someone so much. It's amazing. We had such a good day together. I made him french toast and jam for breakfast, we went to the Treehouse museum, had lunch with Lucy and had the grandparents over for ice cream and cupcakes. Ryker is such a blessing to us. He is such a sweet boy. My life, perspective and priorities have all surely changed over the last 12 months. I am so lucky to be Ryker's mom. I look forward to the year ahead and hope it's even half as wonderful as the year we just finished.
Ryker, we love you so much!!








Ryker and I got to spend the whole day together!
I love to look at this picture of the day we finally brought him home... look how much he's grown.

Mom and Ryker peeking through the hole in the tree at the Treehouse.Climbing through the stump.With Obama in the Oval Office.

Ryker and mom pounding on the drums.My sweet little birthday boy. (He banged his head on Sunday -oops)

Birthday Cake, Birthday Presents and Family....









HAPPY BIRTHDAY RYKER!!

8 comments:

Ty and Ber said...

Happy Birthday to your little man. It's amazing how fast they grow up, huh?!
Looks like you guys had a great day.

Bart, Paige and Grace said...

WOW! That is so insane that it has already been a year! Its gone by so fast. What a sweet boy he is!

Chrystie said...

Happy Birthday Ryker!!! He is so grown up. Your hair is way cute, by the way!

Darren and Jody said...

Jayme,

I love those pictures!!! He looks sooooo cute. I love him

Missy said...

So cute Happy Birthday Ryker, they sure grow up way to fast what a cutie!

Diane said...

What a lucky little guy to have so many people who love him! Happy Birthday, Ryker. Good work, Mom and Dad.

Tiffanie said...

Happy Birthday Ryker! Jayme, you look just like your mom with your hair cut. Very cute. Keep us posted on how life is going. I am sure we won't see you until next Christmas!

The Walkers said...

I cannot believe that he is a year old now! He is so vute!

About Us

Scott and I met at Bear Lake on the 4th of July in 2003. We married the following June. We live in Harrisville and love it there! Scott works as an electrician with his friend's company, Brandon Nelson Electric. I work managing the lab at the Intermountain North Ogden Clinic. I'm currently finishing up my associates degree in Computer Science at WSU.