Tuesday, May 26, 2009

How Did I Get Here?

This morning, I woke up in the most beautiful hotel in America (in my opinion). At 5:30 a.m. I began my day in Nashville, TN, in the Opryland Hotel. Things started off so smoothly, we attended our convention until around 11, tore everything down, got it ready to be shipped back to California and headed to the airport for a 5 p.m. flight to Indianapolis. When we checked in, there was an earlier flight to IN that flew through Atlanta but arrived at the final destination around the same time as our original flight, so we decided to stick with our initial plans. Little did we know we should of followed our gut instinct to fly through Atlanta. We finally boarded our flight to Indianapolis via Cincinatti. After a longer flight than I thought it should be, the pilot announced there was a storm in Cincinatti and we had circled for so long we needed to stop for fuel, in Louisville, Kentucky. We were worried we would miss our connection as it left at 8:00 p.m. and we were still in Kentucky at about five to. When we finally got to Cincinatti, to make a long story short: we missed our connection, there were NO MORE connections until 8:00 a.m. the next morning (our training session was to begin at 7:30 a.m.); our luggage was waiting for us in Indiana because it had been placed on the earlier flight because we checked in so early; because of the storm and all the delayed flights there were no rental cars; needless to say as I FINALLY go to bed tonight, it's 11:30 p.m. in Erlanger, Kentucky, i'm sitting in an old, run down Holiday Inn with no pajamas, no food, nothing except a t shirt given to me by "Sky Team" and a little overnight package with one serving of toothpaste (which I will save for tomorrow morning) and a funny little tube of deodorant. Good thing is we decided to reschedule our training session and I will board a flight to Salt Lake City at 8:30 a.m. tomorrow. Another good thing is I wasn't travelling alone today. I had a very good colleague traveling with me from the Nashville convention and she'll head home to Green Bay ,WI tomorrow as well. Sleep tight everyone...

3 comments:

Ryan and Shalee said...

Wow Jayme that was a very longer and eventful trip this go around. It's good to have you home..

Sheena said...

Wow it sounds like fun..NOT! Hope you make it home ok... You travel a ton! Do you like your job? Sounds like adventure. It was really good to see you the other day. I saw your cute announcements. You will have to tell me who did them they were darling...

Chrystie said...

Wow, sounds like nooo fun. After stuff like this happened to me once or twice, I ALWAYS kept my toothbrush and toothpaste in my carry-on. Once I got stuck in Juneau, Alaska for 4 extra days (we were fogged in) and I had to wash my underwear in the hotel sink. Ah, the joy of business travels! Hope you made it home ok!

About Us

Scott and I met at Bear Lake on the 4th of July in 2003. We married the following June. We live in Harrisville and love it there! Scott works as an electrician with his friend's company, Brandon Nelson Electric. I work managing the lab at the Intermountain North Ogden Clinic. I'm currently finishing up my associates degree in Computer Science at WSU.