Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Eating Leaves...




So, here's the story with this picture. I was out of town, my mom put Ryker on the lawn by the flowers to take this picture to send to me. She called me and told me that while she was trying to take it, he had ripped a leaf of a flower and eaten it. She said she tried to get it out of his mouth but he swollowed it. I said it was no big deal, he eats a lot of stuff he shouldn't, he'd be fine. Soooo... the next day, I get home and pick him up from Shelly's (his most favorite baby sitter). She said he'd played outside, ate a really good lunch and just woke up from his nap. I held him and his head felt sooo hot!! She said if he had a fever it had to have just hit. I rushed him home and took his temperature, it was 105 on my thermometer. I took him right over to the clinic and it was the same there. Long story short he only had a head cold BUT my mom was insistant she poisioned him with a flower leaf. She was so upset. Can you believe that coincidence?? His fever broke later that night and didn't come back, isn't that strange?? Anyway, this is the picture that accompanies that story...

2 comments:

Ty and Ber said...

I can't believe how big he is getting, and that he is almost 1. What a handsome little guy. Good luck with his surgeries coming up. Hope all goes well.

Keep him away from the leaves outside too. What a crazy coinsidence.

Chrystie said...

Yay! Thanks for the updates!! This is a funny story because Daxton is ALWAYS trying to eat leaves, grass, wood chips, dirt, etc. whenever we are in the yard and i am totally paranoid that all of our plants are poisonous. Too funny.

About Us

Scott and I met at Bear Lake on the 4th of July in 2003. We married the following June. We live in Harrisville and love it there! Scott works as an electrician with his friend's company, Brandon Nelson Electric. I work managing the lab at the Intermountain North Ogden Clinic. I'm currently finishing up my associates degree in Computer Science at WSU.